Marketing Executive SEAM Part-time
Department: SEAM / School of Engineering
Employer: Waterford Institute of Technology
Reporting to: SEAM Centre Director
Contract Duration: 24 Months, 20h/week
Commencement Date: June 1st 2021
To promote SEAM Business activities to wider audience (industries, funding agencies, general public, etc)
- Bachelors in Business/Marketing/ Media Related discipline
- Minimum 3 Years experience in marketing or promotional activity related field
- Experience in writing contents eg. Blog posts/ promotional articles/social media posts
- Pragmatic, logical and ability to grasp technical concepts
- Excellent grammar and detail oriented
- Proficient with Microsoft office 365 suite
- Good communication and Presentation skills.
- Ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a wider team.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Post graduate qualification in related field
- Some level of experience in market research, competitor analysis
- Technical writing skills
- Proven PR/Media experience
- Experience working with an ISO9001 or similar accreditation structure
- Experience maintaining a word press website.
The salary applicable to this post is: €35,338 – €46,466 P.A.(Paid on a pro-rata basis and dependant on qualification & experience)
Closing Date of Advert: 16.00 on Thursday 22nd April 2021
- Drafting web content and blog posts and maintaining social media accounts
- Designing and implementing email marketing campaigns
- Production of marketing materials (brochure, website graphics, etc)
- Carry out market research, competitor analysis and develop campaign plans
- Liaise with the marketing team in Enterprise Ireland Technology Gateway network and EMD Cluster.
- Support SEAM Centre Director in growing the centre’s Business activities.
- Support other SEAM administrative functions on an as required basis.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time by SEAM Centre Director
- A panel may be formed from the competition from which future vacancies may be filled.
Applicants must submit a CV and Covering Letter via email. Any documents in excess of this requirement will be deleted. Please mark the application clearly with the appropriate reference number. Please address to Mr Ian Bright, The Human Resource Office, E-mail: email@example.com (only). Please note that hard copy will not be accepted.
At a minimum candidates must demonstrate in their application that they possess all of the essential elements applicable in the person specification. The Institute will then decide to interview only those applicants who appear from the information available, to be the most suitable, in terms of experience, qualifications and other requirements of the post. Please note applications will be acknowledged within five working days of the competition closing. Candidates should keep a hard copy of the advert for their file as this will be needed for review should their application progress.
This post is subject to Garda Vetting.
WIT is an equal opportunities employer.